A list of case studies, showing design at its best, but some of the dark-side of design too!
1) The paradox of the Integrated Children's System (ICS). Chapter 1 from my Technomagic book focuses on the problems of the ICS, a major IT system in UK social work.
2) SPRINT's finest hour at Salford: the Contact Centre
3) A design atrocity: the Vetting and Barring Scheme
4) Ensuring Entitlements to the Poor in Rural India: auditing payments with a mobile phone app.
5) Redesigning ambulance services in London and Manchester: A tale of two cities
6) The more for less challenge: improved communication with the Lancashire Schools Portal
7) Keeping children safe at the hospital/community interface: a systems approach to safeguarding
8) Developing an Integrated Approach to Performance Improvement: The Whole System of Work (Sean Sheridan)